WE ARE VSU ATL
The Virginia State University Alumni Association is one of Virginia State University's greatest supporters. Organized in 1889 and incorporated in 1949, the Association has had a long and proud history of connecting alumni back to Virginia State University and to each other, and sharing its influence and resources in support of the University's mission.
The VSUAA Metropolitan Atlanta Chapter was founded in the Spring of 2010 so that Trojan Alumni from the area could reunite and connect in the spirit of supporting our beloved Virginia State University. We are proud to be Trojan Alumni, and our mission is to support, educate and deliver on the VSU promise to Dream, Explore, & Succeed!
Purpose of Alumni Association:
VSUAA is organized for the mutual benefit and prosperity of Virginia State University (VSU), its graduates, former students, and others committed to our Alma Mater. As a collective expression of gratitude to VSU, we form ourselves into this association so that our work and dedication will strengthen and support our Alma Mater, ensuring that it remains a viable institution and that memories of our school life will be kept alive. This purpose and the following objectives are consistent with similar provision set out in the Articles of Incorporation adopted on June 6, 1949.
The objectives of the Association shall be to:
1. Act as a unifying organization.
2. Govern, all chapters established under the authority and sanction of VSUAA.
3. Solicit financial support and other resources from alumni, friends of the university and other sources such as government, foundations, and the corporate sector.
4. Assist in recruiting students to attend VSU and in providing financial support to VSU and its students.
5. Maintain a wholesome and supportive relationship with the University when suggesting or implementing Alumni programs.
6. Organize and mobilize the collective strength of the Alumni for the advancement of education.
7. Encourage a spirit of loyalty, love, and pride for our Alma Mater.
8. Encourage and maintain a friendly, working relationship among graduates, former students, and faculty and non-faculty VSU personnel.
9. Promote professional growth and reward outstanding service contributions to Statesmen (students and alumni of VSU).
Every 4th Sunday at 4 PM
The Gathering Spot
384 Northyards Blvd., Building 100
Atlanta, GA 30313